to the very core of who we are as a nation…
it is the civil rights movement of today!”
• Workforce Readiness: Throughout the country, employers face a widespread issue of entry-level workers who lack basic skills and workplace etiquette. Our emphasis on character values translates into highly prepared and appropriate workers.
• Mentoring: Relationship has long been identified as one of the key basic needs for all students. We utilize the passion and dedication of volunteer mentors (coaches) to connect to students and guide them to their highest academic and personal achievements. Extensive measures are taken to ensure coaches have character, can connect with students, and have the capability to help them reach their greatest potential.
• Character Education: We challenge students to change the way they live by changing the way they think. Our Five Core Values are respect, responsibility, integrity, sacrifice, and courage. These values are instilled into students week after week via our proprietary curriculum that includes tangible action steps that mentors (coaches) track and hold students accountable for.
• Experiential Learning: We don’t simply teach students the value of academic success and the core values, but also gives them the opportunity to practice it hands-on during day-trips, service learning, and leadership camps.
2. The Afterschool Program
3. The High School Leadership Program
4. Leadership Day Trips
5. Summit Life Leadership Camp
The Video Curriculum can be implemented as an accredited course (depending on state of school district) or during Advisory/Homeroom. Most schools implement the Video Curriculum for the entire student body while others target certain grade levels.
It is cutting edge, easy to use for teachers and faculty, and most of all, relevant to students. This Video Curriculum includes 33 of the Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets and teaches 18 Life Skills through our Core Values.
A Five Star school implemented the Video Curriculum throughout the school day for its entire population for the year. What school administration found since its fall implementation is that its school had over 5,000 less disciplinary referrals than the previous academic year! This is not a coincidence!
We are changing the face of education by changing the culture of schools and mindsets of students!
I LOVE the ideas included in your curriculum. I'm a 7th grade special education teacher at Navarre Intermediate and I truly want to know when you will expand to include our school. Clearly this is the missing piece needed to help the children develop into whole people who are ready for life's next step. Rarely do they have the opportunity to identify and relate to who they are and this seems to be the overall theme throughout your program.
After several years of having the Five Star program in our building, we are convinced that Five Star is the program that we can’t live without at West Side Middle School. Students who participate in the program have shown a positive change in attitude, a desire to do better academically and a sense of respect for those around them. The success with our most at-risk students has been phenomenal!