Video Curriculum for Classrooms is bringing our Core Values to thousands of students with more schools reaching out to get the curriculum for their students. Around 10,000 students per week are getting the tools they need to succeed.
Summit, our leadership training facility, continues to see incredible transformations thanks to generous partners that have stepped up in a big way. We challenge you to join forces with others and give! We hosted Leadership Camps this summer, Day Trips this fall, and groups from across the community… lives are changing at Summit.
We have cultivated some amazing partnerships including:
University of Notre Dame! In partnership with the University of Notre Dame, we will be tracking the benefits of our programming, specifically the social emotional impact on students. Through this intense data tracking, FSL will be able to keep a pulse on effectiveness and raise the bar for students across Michiana and beyond.
Epic Dance Studios! Partnering with Epic Dance, we’ve created Five Star Dance! Currently offered at Pierre Moran Middle School, Five Star Dance is offering yet another way for students to take lessons they learn through our curriculum and apply it to real life.
USA Archery and US Junior Olympics! With this incredible partnership, the goal is for students to perform in archery and other target sports with a high degree of success while instilling our Core Values. This is an excellent opportunity for students to participate in an activity they may not have experienced before and gain confidence.
The Five Star Golf Open
The Five Star Golf Open was a big success and we are thankful to all sponsors and participants. We were honored to be joined by NFL greats and Notre Dame legends, Rocket Ismail and Tim Brown.
Five Star Radio
Did you know we have a radio show? Having this radio platform to share stories of impact has been one of our most useful tools in bringing more students to our programming. Tune in every Saturday at 11AM at www.953MNC.com.
Over 7000 Students Drop Out Of School Every Day
If you don’t MAKE time for students who will? Five Star has a variety of ways you can impact students as a “Coach” or “Volunteer” behind the scenes.
Over 70% of our students raise their GPA or maintain a 3.0 or higher!
Over 75% of students completed Challenge Steps!
Between 21-68% decrease in referrals
• Over 70% of our students raise their GPA or maintain a 3.0 or higher!
• Over 75% of students completed Challenge Steps! These Challenge Steps allow students to implement the character and leadership lessons in their everyday lives!
• Through implementing our Video Curriculum, schools have seen incredible results. Here is a sample from a variety of different schools and districts:
• Schmucker Middle School – Suburban School: 43% decrease in referrals – 302 in 2015 (Q1) to 172 in 2016 (Q1)
• Greene Intermediate – Urban School: 21% decrease in referrals – 175 in 2015 (Q1) to 138 in 2016 (Q1)
• Laker Jr. High – Rural School: 68% decrease in referrals – 72 in 2015 (Q1) to 23 in 2016 (Q1)
• The Crossing, an alternative high school, saw incredible results in their first year of implementation: 70% of all students who participated in the FSL Video Curriculum received fewer discipline referrals than the previous semester
• Over of our schools implemented the Video Curriculum for its entire student population and found that the school had over 5,000 less disciplinary referrals than the previous academic year!
• Over 89% of teachers reported “FSL Video Curriculum provided a common set of values for our student body to live by.”
• 76% of teachers reported FSL Video Curriculum “provided a platform to increase my connection with students.”
• 67% of students reported FSL Video Curriculum “has helped me be a better person and leader.”
• Over 65% of students reported FSL Video Curriculum “helped me set academic goals and raise my grades.”
• Over 60% of students reported FSL Video Curriculum “improved my self-image and has changed my thoughts and actions toward myself.”